- Inside your dreamscape: Dream-hacking techniques can help us create, heal and have fun. They could also become tools of commercial manipulation.
- From The Anthropocene To The Microbiocene: »We humans still have not learned to think about ourselves in terms of the microbial — the viral — world of which we are a part.«
- Critical Making is a handmade book project by Garnet Hertz that explores how hands-on productive work ‐ making ‐ can supplement and extend critical reflection on technology and society.
- Why we need service literacy, now: »A decision is made that has an effect on people’s lives with no thought given to the impact of that decision, simply because the thing in question is a service.«
- Assessing Big Tech’s Capture of the Internet’s Infrastructure: Who owns the vast physical infrastructure of the internet, and how is the user’s right to access content and the producer’s right to participate in the internet economy contingent on their interests?
- 📖 What if Everything You Learned About Human History Is Wrong? »There’s a whole new picture of the human past and human possibility that seems to be coming into view. And it really doesn’t resemble in the slightest these very entrenched stories going around and around.«
- What will the world look like in 2031? We’ve commissioned eight writers from across the globe to write short fiction that explores ... climate migration, climate change, digital identity projects, the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- NFT Projects are just MLMs for Tech Elites: A somewhat impartial review of current NFT business models.
- ‘Buy the Constitution’ Aftermath: Everyone Very Mad, Confused, Losing Lots of Money, Fighting, Crying, Etc. ConstitutionDAO tried to buy the Constitution. Now it has a $40 million mess on its hands and entire refunds are being wiped out by high fees.
- Nike jumps into the metaverse with ‘Nikeland,’ a Roblox virtual world. Avatars within the game can wear digital Nike digs and unlock exclusive virtual products.
- Memecoins, Progcoins, Stablecoins – Crypto assets are effectively unregistered securities contracts, basically like stock in an empty company that doesn’t do anything except promote the sale of its own stock. »There is basically only one type of successful crypto business: exchanges which exist to trade more crypto.«
- 📖 The Rise and Fall of Gonzo Journalism: A review of High White Notes: The Rise and Fall of Gonzo Journalism by David S. Wills.
- Why BTS Stan Accounts Are Getting Trolled on Twitter: The group of trolls known as “Team Copyright” has been working to delete BTS fandom accounts over their support for LGBTQ+ rights.
- Forget Inbox Zero. What we really need is Calendar Zero. Block a day off your calendar. Don’t let anyone take away that time. See what happens!
- Is there simply too much culture? With so much film, TV, music, books, streaming, games and podcasts easily available and vying for our attention, how can we absorb it all? And should we even try?