What's got my attention this week
Things to read, watch and listen to this weekend
British scientist, Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock, who's devoted her life to space science, is one of six STEM professionals to get her own Barbie (Opens in a new window)
Thank you for subscribing to The Shift. If you're already a paying member, thank you. Your support makes this newsletter and The Shift podcast possible. Paying members get weekly newsletters, culture round-ups, access to the community and the full archive, and more. All for less than the price of a (large) coffee a month. Prices will be going up at the end of April so, if you're interested, upgrade to paid now!
• Great piece by Gaby Hinsliff on the explosion of women's rage (Opens in a new window).
• Andreas Kronthaler just did his first fashion show without Vivienne Westwood (Opens in a new window) (his partner of 30 years): ‘I knew I had to get through it’. (Tel)
• Why we could all benefit from a fake assistant (Opens in a new window). (Or, indeed, a real one...)
• Love a nicely stacked open shelf? Me too! Welcome to the world of pantry porn. (Opens in a new window) (FT)
• The annual glass ceiling index (Opens in a new window) is out and it will come as no surprise that the UK's performance isn't exactly impressive. And while we're on the subject, Gender Equality is only 300 years away... (Opens in a new window)
• Could you live with your new husband and your old one? (Opens in a new window)