Dieses Woche: Was die Innovationsbereiche der Süddeutschen künftig beschäftigt und worauf die Businessweek-Redaktion dieses Jahr neidisch war. Außerdem viel Spaß mit Blockchains und falsche Vögel. Viel Spaß!
- Was formt die Zukunft des Journalismus? (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) Fünf Entwicklungen und die dazugehörigen Begriffe, die das neue Jahr prägen werden – garantiert ohne Hypes. Vom Innovationsbereich der Süddeutschen Zeitung a.k.a. Dirk von Gehlen und Johannes Klingebiel.
- NiemanLab Predictions for 2022 (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): Each year, we ask some of the smartest people in journalism and media what they think is coming in the next 12 months. At the end of a trying 2021, here’s what they had to say.
- Businessweek's 2021 Jealousy List (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): We read—a lot. We also listen to podcasts and watch a ton of stuff (often with borrowed passwords). Sometimes we read, watch, or listen to something that we wish we had published. To recognize a job well done, the magazine’s staff and many of our contributors in the Bloomberg newsroom have compiled our annual yearend Jealousy List. Congratulations to those on this year’s list, we hate/love you.
- First look: Inside The New York Times' audio app. (Öffnet in neuem Fenster)
- The Oral History of Apartamento (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): The inside story of everyone's favorite interiors magazine.
- Birds Aren’t Real, or Are They? (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) Inside a Gen Z Conspiracy Theory. Taylor Lorenz ist eigentlich noch freigestellt für ihr Buchprojekt, ist aber zum Glück für diese Geschichte kurz aufgetaucht: »Peter McIndoe, the 23-year-old creator of the viral Birds Aren’t Real movement, is ready to reveal what the effort is really about.«
- We Eat at The Worst Michelin Starred Restaurant, Ever (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): »It was just dinner theater. No, scratch that. Because dinner was not involved.«
- When asked for comment, a Bros' rep responded with the following extremely on-brand »Declaration by Chef Floriano Pellegrino,« (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) which we are reprinting in its entirety.
- What Comes Next for an Artist Whose Work Goes Viral? (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) With the animated video series »2 Lizards,« Meriem Bennani and Orian Barki captured the essence of 2020. Now, Bennani’s at work on a documentary about living in limbo.
- »Indie Sleaze« and »Internet Awesomesauce« (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): Meet the woman schooling TikTok on niche aesthetics. Melina Bee is the internet’s historical microaesthetics whisperer.
- Millions of Followers? (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) For Book Sales, »It’s Unreliable.« Social-media fandom can help authors score book deals and bigger advances, but does it translate to how a new title will sell? Publishers are increasingly skeptical.
- I’m the TikTok Couch Guy. (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) Here’s What It Was Like Being Investigated on the Internet.
- Weekly Filet Gem Shuffle (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): Scroll, search, shuffle. Just updated the archive. It now contains 1911 gems from the past 10+ years. If you ever need something great to read, watch, listen to, I've got you covered.
- Five Reasons You Should Delete Telegram from Your Phone (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): The messaging app markets itself as a better alternative to WhatsApp, but it’s not as secure as you think.
- Following a Telegram Channel within Inoreader (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): Turn every public Telegram Channel into a Feed.
- Fonts Knowledge (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): Welcome to our library of original guides to the world of typography, which the Google Fonts team is producing in collaboration with typographic experts from around the world.
- tildeverse.org (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): we're a loose association of like-minded tilde communities. tildes are pubnixes in the spirit of tilde.club, which was created in 2014 by paul ford.
- Fifty percent of Facebook Messenger’s total voice traffic comes from Cambodia. (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) Keyboards weren't designed for Khmer. So Cambodians have just decided to ignore them
- Untangling the Rat’s Nest of USB-C Standards and Cables (Öffnet in neuem Fenster): It USB’d to be easy. Pardon the pun, but you know what I mean.
- 🧵denouncing NFTs is good and honorable. (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) here are some tips to help you on your scam-prevention journey.
- 🧵I read a blog post on how to make a web3 blog (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) and it sounds like absolute hell.
- NFT oligarchy? (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) The top 10% of traders account for 85% of transactions & trade at least once 97% of all assets.
- Here is the article you can send to people when they say »but the environmental issues with cryptoart will be solved soon, right?« (Öffnet in neuem Fenster) Cryptocurrencies and NFTs are an absolute disaster for so many more reasons than the ecological.
Nur zahlende Mitglieder von THEFUTURE können hier Kommentare lesen und schreiben.