What's got my attention this week
Want some ideas for things to read, watch and listen to this weekend? Look no further...
Kate Bush Running Up That Hill, No.1 in the itunes chart, No.8 in the UK chart and her first ever US top 10, thanks to Stranger Things
To see the full list of recommendations, receive weekly newsletters and culture round-ups, plus bonus content and access the archive, why not sign up for membership?
• Remembering Paula Rego. (Opens in a new window)The trailblazing artist died this week aged 87. I love this interview with her by Jessie Burton from three years ago.
• How to harness the power of silence (Opens in a new window)aka why you don' t need to fill that space.
• I'm not "Napalm Girl" any more (Opens in a new window). A fascinating interview with the subject of that infamous picture from the Vietnam war, 50 years on.
• I lost my home, moved into a van – and found freedom (Opens in a new window).
• The case for fewer (but better) friends (Opens in a new window).