What's got my attention this week
Want some ideas for things to read, watch and listen to this weekend? Look no further...
Angela Lansbury died this week, days before her 96th birthday. I love this pic.
Thanks for subscribing to The Shift. If you're already a paying member, I love you, thank you! If not, and you'd like to get newsletters in your inbox every week, plus access to the archive, community and more, why not join?
• RIP Angela Lansbury. This is one of my favourite interviews with her, for the cover of The Gentlewoman (Opens in a new window) magazine, back in 2012.
• A new menopause in the workplace survey (Opens in a new window) finds the 50s are women's most challenging decade at work...
• If you struggle with distraction, this piece on "brown noise" could be a gamechanger (Opens in a new window). I'm a fan of pink noise, and find it helps me concentrate when all else fails. (White noise is too tinny!) I use the Sleepsounds app, which has white, pink and brown noise as well as plenty of others.
• Just when you thought it was safe to go out in your slippers; the unwelcome return of dangerous shoes. (Opens in a new window)
• Harvey Weinstein is back in court. (Opens in a new window) And this time the stakes are even higher.
• Insightful interview with Esther Perel: why "love is not a permanent state of enthusiasm". (Opens in a new window)