What's got my attention this week
Things to read, watch and listen to this weekend
I've struggled to find a news image that doesn't feature Donald Trump or Boris Johnson this week, and nobody needs that in their inbox on Friday morning! So here are Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu (combined age 131) playing baddies in superhero movie, Shazam
Thank you for subscribing to The Shift. If you're already a paying member, thank you. Your support makes this newsletter and The Shift podcast possible. Paying members get weekly newsletters, culture round-ups, access to the community and the full archive, and more. All for less than the price of a (large) coffee a month. Prices will be going up at the end of April so, if you're interested, upgrade to paid now!
• Helen Mirren on having a ball kicking ass on screen (Opens in a new window).
• The subversive wisdom of old wives' tales. (Opens in a new window)
• It's 50 years since women were first allowed on the trading floor. (Opens in a new window) Some trailblazers look back. (£)
• It's time to say it: bubble baths will not beat burnout! (Opens in a new window)
• Courteney Cox on losing sight of what she looked like and having her fillers dissolved (Opens in a new window).
• Are you entering your mother-in-law era? (Opens in a new window)
• In the spirit of the clocks going forward, the evenings getting lighter and learning to grow, I loved this piece about what we learn from leafing through seed catalogues (Opens in a new window).