What's got my attention this week
Want some ideas for things to read, watch and listen to this weekend? Look no further...
Dame Vivienne Westwood died last week. Now we'll never get to hear her on The Shift 😞
Thanks for subscribing to The Shift. If you're already a paying member, thank you. We're here and thriving because of you. If not, why not join the community and get weekly newsletters and access to all paywalled content for less than the price of a couple of (small) coffees a month. Or one large fancy one!
• In honour of Dame Viv, this is one of my favourite interviews with her, in The Gentlewoman (Opens in a new window).
• Life and Loves of a She-devil novelist Fay Weldon also died, aged 91. I love this obituary by Jenny Colgan (Opens in a new window).
• In the gap between fairness and inclusion, we've lost sight of humanity. This piece by a trans athlete (Opens in a new window) really made me think.
• Why we persist in making resolutions (Opens in a new window) – and why 99 times out of 100 they fail.
• Ms magazine turned 50 (Opens in a new window).
• "It's a joy to work with another actress who eats cake!" Love this interview with Happy Valley's Siobhan Finneran (Opens in a new window).
• Welcome to the menopause gold rush. (Opens in a new window) Yup, it's anti-ageing by any other name and everyone's jumping aboard.