A Younger Theatre supports and nurtures emerging creative talent in theatre and the arts. Founded in 2009 as a blog, A Younger Theatre has grown into a publication, production company and resource for emerging creatives.
We champion new generations of artists and marginalised voices in the creative industries. We celebrate excellence and pride ourselves on professionalism, while also leaving room for risk, failure and learning.
Here’s just some of our work in action:
- Many of our alumni go on to work in theatre and forge successful careers writing, acting, directing and producing, thanks to our supportive and professional ‘critical friend’ approach
- The Edinburgh Young Critics’ Scheme pairs emerging writers with professional critics at the Edinburgh Fringe.
- We produce Incoming Festival in partnership with New Diorama Theatre, celebrating the UK’s best emerging theatre companies.
- We support emerging creatives through bursaries, workshops and hands-on production experience.
- We provide and share opportunities to emerging creatives to engage in theatre and the arts through partnerships and events, digital takeovers and socials.
- We offer exclusive ticket discounts, competitions and engagement with theatre and the arts, to help young people access the very best of the UK’s creative industry.