What's got my attention this week
Want some ideas for things to read, watch and listen to this weekend? Look no further...
The Daily Star set up a lettuce-cam to see who would wilt first: an iceberg lettuce or Liz Truss. No prizes for guessing who won.
Thanks for subscribing to The Shift. If you're already a paying member, I love you, thank you! If not, and you'd like newsletters in your inbox every week, plus access to the archive, community and more for the price of a large coffee, why not join?
• Teachers are stepping in on child poverty (Opens in a new window) where the government is failing.
• What woman hasn't been bombarded by unsolicited 'help' (Opens in a new window)from men, asks Rebecca Solnit.
• Half the world as a clitoris (Opens in a new window), so why don't doctors study it?
• Actor Naomi Watts went into perimenopause at 36 (Opens in a new window). Like many of us, she didn't know WTF was happening to her. Now she's launched Stripes (Opens in a new window), to offer support and solutions for women going through menopause. (Full disclosure: I'm a guest on an upcoming episode of her podcast.)
• Goop (Opens in a new window) has a cruise. Gone Girl (Opens in a new window) has a cruise. What if we combine the two and kill everyone on the Goop cruise?!
• What's between you and happiness? (Opens in a new window) Envy.