Newsletter - Sat 2 Dec, 2023
In this issue
- The Reigate Christmas Fayre is taking place in Church Street today, culminating in the switch-on of the town’s Christmas lights.
- Views are being sought (Opens in a new window) on proposals from Surrey County Council for a 72-pupil school at the former Park Hall care home, just off Reigate Hill.
- Following February’s planning rejection of a new school at Woodhatch Place, on Cockshot Hill, to replace Reigate Priory School, Surrey County Council is consulting on (Opens in a new window) what to do next. Two options are being put forward - go ahead with relocating the school (subject to planning approval), or take a wider look at reorganising primary places in the Reigate area.
- Italian restaurant Storia has announced plans to open where Prezzo used to be in Redhill
- Turkish restaurant Cappadocia has said that its Redhill branch will be at the former Abbot pub, but it won’t be opening there until “late 2024”.
- Reigate’s late night Christmas shopping evening (Opens in a new window) is this Thursday, 7 December.
- The move of the Redhill Christmas panto to a big top in Memorial Park, because of RAAC at the Harlequin, has featured again in national news - such as this BBC news article (Opens in a new window).
- Reigate & Banstead Borough Council has published its changes (Opens in a new window) to bin collection days over the Christmas period.
Reigate Christmas Fayre today, Saturday
As in previous years, Church Street is closed to traffic today for Reigate Business Guild’s Christmas Fayre, one of the highlights of the town’s calendar.
The day includes live entertainment, food stalls, market stalls, and the switch-on of the town’s Christmas lights (scheduled for 4.30pm). There’s free parking in the town’s council-run car parks.
More can be found on the guild’s website (Opens in a new window).
Plans for school at former Park Hall care home
A pre-planning consultation is running on proposals to build a new school at the former Park Hall care home, on Park Hall Road (that’s off Brokes Road on Reigate Hill).