Knackered? Stressed? Need some time out?
Treat yourself to some rest, relaxation and space to think – or better still, get someone else to treat you! (Christmas is coming, after all...)
In need of a break, but find the word "retreat" brings you out in a rash? Me too. That's why I've collaborated with Ease Retreats to come up with a January weekend with a difference – a diet-free zone that encourages lie-ins, snuggling up with a book, hot tubs, movie nights and the occasional rural wander. And open, honest, inspiring conversation with likeminded women that I hope will leave you rested, destressed and full of ideas to embrace the next phase of your life.
What: A weekend of talking all things midlife and beyond. I'll speak honestly about my experiences and you'll get the chance to share your hopes, dreams, stories and experiences in a warm and friendly environment.
When: Friday 20th January to Monday 23rd January 2023.
Where: In a big house in the Dark Sky Reserve of the Breacon Beacons, not far from the bookish town of Hay-on-Wye, where we can take country walks, treat ourselves to a bit of book shopping or just hunker down around the log burner if you can't be bothered to move. (Or the weather won't let us!)
Other highlights include:
• A Shift bookclub live featuring one of next year's hottest books, Amazing Grace Adams by Fran Littlewood. Not out til January, guests will get a hot-off-the-press copy of the book in time to read at Christmas.
• A live remote recording of The Shift podcast – guest to be revealed.
• Feasting on delicious local produce around the banquet table and toasting marshmallows around the fire-pit.
• Watching the stars from the wood-fired hot tub or, if you prefer, you can get all cosy with a movie in the plush cinema room. Or both!
• If a lie-in's not for you, there'll be massages, mind-mapping and morning pages.
• Plus, there will be time to rest, read and relax, as well as the opportunity to curl up in front of the fire with a book or magazine.
There are just a couple of rooms left, so if you'd like to join us, please contact Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about Midlife Shift With Ease.
Really hope to see you in the hot tub (below). I can't guarantee the weather, but I can guarantee the view!